Wednesday, November 8, 2017

THE JOURNEY...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, wedding, ocean, child, outdoor, nature and water

When I first met this girl at a coockie party a friend in our ward was doing a Monday, March 16th at Turnberry. I remember that night like I can remember the last time I say to myself that I CAN! I came to this FHE that night, I was sitting in a corner and she came and introduced her to me. By that time, she was in the Relief Society in Her ward and she heard that thre is a Black Haitian Boy in the ward. She came to ask me questions about me so that she could gets to know me. After I tell her things about me, I started asking her things about her. I remember I asked her three (3) questions that I was so inspired to asked that night.
Did you serve a mission?
Do you love the Gospel?
Do you love the Temple? And she said YES to three of them. And I asked her if we coukld go to the temple together? She thought that I mean if she could give me a ride to go to the temple. She accepted to come with me. On thursday March 19th, we decided to meet each other somewhere to go to the Temple. She came with her friend Melissa that night! I wasn't expected that she will bring a friend but she did! Maybe for some security reason, because she didn't know me really well and she didn't know my intentions. She did came with her friend and we went to a session at Salt Lake City Temple. It was a wonderful night and we get to know each other and we went home. Day after day, we started talking to each other via social media (Facebook Messenger), We end up going out more often and she started introduced me to her friends. We started dating! It wasn't quite normal for some people for some cultural reasons and some other reasons that I can't describe here. I remember while we were going out together, I was working on my English because the main purpose of me coming here is for school. She was helping me a lot with my English and some time with ride. I remember she did tell me once if I ever need a ride, I'm welcome to contact her and if she's not in a position to give me a ride she will ask one of her friends for me. We became friends and we end up building a friendship, at the same time we were date.
For months late, in July, before she went on a trip with her parents, we talked about Breaking Up. I was about to go back to my country and she is about to go to Hill Cumorah Pageant with her family while I'm getting ready to go home in the next three weeks. In July 17th, on my birthday, I received a pizza from her that she ordered for me while she is in New York. In July 24th, the same day I was about to go to Haiti at the airport, she came from NYC with her family. She stayed with me at the airport to help me with my flight while her family gone. We had a serious and sad conversation that night and I said Good Bye!

In December 2016, I decided to come back to Utah to stay with my friend's parents house while I was going to school here. To mention, before I moved back to Utah, I was Louisiana and end up going to Texas. I had some bad experience by the choices I made by choosing to date someone that I shouldn't.
I came back to Utah. I remember a Friday morning, while I was in Provo at BYU at the library, I decided to call Sharla for the first time when I came back to see if she can give me a ride home. She didn't know I was there but she heard I was gonna come. I didn't had a way to make back home and I felt that I should call her, I received that prompting for more than twice and I finally called her and she picked up and ask me what I want? After telling her that I'm in Provo and was wondering if she could give me ride, she said YES and 50 later she picked me up and I remember while we were on our way to drop me home, I was in the car feeling so embarrased for asking her but I did feel that I made the right call. We didn't talk much for the whole drive and she did asked me some questions but I decided not to look at her while we were talking. She dropped me home and I said THANK YOU.

On february 14th, I started chat with her and asked her if she had plan for tonight. We decided to go get breakfast somewhere. It was a great moment and we were able to communicate again to each other. We end up going out more often and one day we decided to tell our parents that we are dating seriously. For her and her family, it was quite accepted (For me to date her). For some reasons, but most importantly the fact that I was dating someone after I left last time. Months months later, we decided to pray and fast very often about our relationship to know if it's the right thing to do. We received so many answers... answers that we don't understand. We decided to take a break from seeing each other but it didn't works. In may, she went to Hawaii for 3 weeks and we didn't talk in the beginnig because we decided not to just to spend time on working on our promptings and stuff. She was there with the Family she was Homeschool. It wasn't an easy trip and I did missed her a lot that moment. We finally get a hold of each other because we couldn't resisted not to talk to each other. It was a great experience for both of us to realize how much we were mean to be with each other. When she got back from this trip, week later she went on another trip with her sister in Washington D.C Seattle for a concert. All those things happened to show us that we can't live without each other and to teach us how important it is to have each other in our life. After these two trips, we had some serious conversations about our feeling and the answer we both received and we decided to move forward.

In june 2016, we decided to take a trip to Haiti so that she can meet my family and see more of where I came from. For the safety reason downthere, we decided to have my mom here instead. My mom came here for 10 days and able to meet her, her parents, families and friends. We went to family reunions with my mom and spend some quality times with her. When she left Utah to go back to Haiti, I decided to transfer my heart to someone else that is going to be mine forever.

In july 17th, the day of my birthday, I decided to ask her to marry me and she said YES! We were sealed in Salt Lake City Temple for time and eternity and become eternal companion. A day to remember the path we took and the decisions we both made.

TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment